Indoor Air Quality Specialists
Air Quality Specialists
Choose Mohr Air Conditioning for services and products to improve your Indoor Air Quality.
With today's sealed and insulated homes, the air inside your home can be 2-5 times more polluted than the air outside. You may not be able to see indoor air pollution, but it could still be causing issues in your home. Several health effects can be linked to poor indoor air quality. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air pollutants can cause severe illness for high risk groups such as the elderly, young children, and anyone with certain preexisting illnesses. Poor indoor air quality can also lead to issues from pet dander, allergens, mold, and other contaminants. It’s necessary to understand how your home may be affected by air pollutants in order to know how to address the issue with a Mohr Air Conditioning indoor air quality solution. The following are common sources of indoor air pollution:
- Tobacco products
- New carpet or flooring
- Excess moisture
- Pesticides or air pollution from outside the house
- Household cleaning or personal care products
- Pets in the home
One way to reduce indoor air pollutants is to allow proper ventilation in your home for your appliances as well as your vents. Opening all windows and doors at the same time can help move air through your home and dilute pollutants in the interior air. This might be easier to do when it’s mild outside, but there are still ways to continually refresh your indoor air no matter the weather outside. The EPA suggests that warmer temperatures outside can exacerbate poor air quality indoors and outdoors, so you should have additional methods of cleaning the air in your home.
Cleaner Air for Your Home
For long term protection against indoor air pollutants, Mohr offers a range of services and products to choose from. We can provide any of the following to help you achieve a cleaner indoor environment:
- Free in-home consultation with one of our HVAC specialists.
- Air Filtration Products - For overall improvement of indoor air quality, these products remove contaminants such as pollen, mold and pet dander that aggravate allergies.
- Humidifiers - You can properly control humidity for personal comfort, protect furniture and wood floors, and reduce static electricity that damages electronics.
- Fresh Air Ventilators - Our ventilators directly remove cooking, pet, and chemical odors by expelling them to the outdoors.
- Ultra Violet Lights - We offer ultraviolet lighting to kill airborne microbial growth of mold, bacteria, and viruses throughout your home, ductwork, and cooling coils.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors - These are must haves for every household since carbon monoxide is not detectable by smell, color, or taste and can be deadly if not discovered immediately.
- Zoning and Programmable Thermostats - With our state-of-the-art technology, you can provide individual or whole home comfort at the touch of a button. Keep each area of your home at the preferred comfort level with our zoning and programmable thermostats.
If you’re not sure which air quality control products your home could benefit from, schedule a consultation with a Mohr HVAC specialist. Whether you need a humidifier to freshen up the place or a fresh air ventilator for a space with pets, the team at Mohr Air Conditioning has the expertise and training to help make your home a safer and more comfortable place to live.